Walking Tokyo: Edo Kagurazaka & Standing Bar
Feel the spirit and history of Edo in Kagurazaka. You will be taken through the busy shopping areas on Omote-dori street, and past the many refined restaurants tucked away in the alleys, as well as the stone-paved geisha quarter.
This tour will visit Tokyo Daijingu Shrine (20 min), Ushigome Mitsuke & Ushigomebashi Bridge, Kagurazaka-dori, Zenkoku-ji Temple devoted to Bishamonten (20 min), Atamiyu Stairs, Kagurazaka Wakamiyahachiman Shrine, Koguri Yokocho, Kenban, Geisha Shindo, Kakurenbo Yokocho, Sannenzaka, Hyogo Yokocho, Jizozaka, Kousho-ji Temple, and Ushigome Kagurazaka.
Drop by a long-established izakaya bar located in a 64-year-old traditional Japanese house filled with a Japanese atmosphere, and enjoy a refreshing drink and a snack.
14:00 Tokyo Tourist Information Center Shinjuku – 3F Shinjuku Expressway Bus Terminal
Please arrive at least 10 minute before the departure time.
17:00 Tour Ends
After the experience please head to your next destination on your own.
* This is a walking tour, so please wear comfortable shoes and clothes. You will walk on slopes and stone-paved paths (approx. 2-2.5 km).
* If you choose to participate in this tour during the summer, we recommend you wear a hat or visor to protect yourself from the sun. We also recommend you drink enough liquid.
* This tour uses public transportation to Kagurazaka. Please note that seating is not guaranteed.
* The schedules involving temples or shrines are subject to change due to ceremonies being held or other operational reasons at the destinations.
* Itinerary locations and itinerary order may be changed depending on weather conditions and business hours of tour locations.
* This tour will be conducted even if it is raining.
* Please inform us of your accommodation and contact details for the day prior to the tour. You will be contacted if the tour is cancelled.
* If the minimum number of participants is not met by 4 days before the scheduled date, the tour on that date may be cancelled
* Please note that vegetarian options are not available at the izakaya.
* A beer, Japanese sake, shochu, fruit liquor, or non-alcoholic beverage and a snack are available at the izakaya.
Participants will have the drinks and snacks standing on earthen floors. Those under 20 years of age will be served a non-alcoholic drink.
* Please note that in case the izakaya is closed, the tour will visit another store.