Tokyo’s Best Cherry Blossom Spots and Tokyo Tower (Lunch)
The tour includes visits to some of Japan’s most famous cherry blossom viewing sites including Showa Kinen Park and Chidorigafuchi (or Shinjuku Gyoen), as well as sightseeing around some of Tokyo’s most iconic landmarks such as Tokyo Tower.
Dates: 20 Mar – 14 Apr 2019
Tour Code: SUN1GSAK010/SAK01
Meeting Location: Check-in Counter on the 3rd floor of Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo’s Main Tower in Shinjuku. 5 minutes on foot from JR Shinjuku Station West Exit.
Showa Kinen Park
The entire park is home to approximately 1,500 cherry trees that bloom in full glory. Inside, there is a vast garden with a beautiful landscape formed by roughly 200 cherry trees amidst an expansive lawn. There is also a bridge from where rows of cherry trees can be seen lining the river. Participants will be guided to the captivating cherry blossom viewing spots in the park.
Enjoy spring in Japan to the full as you gaze upon delightful tulips, rape blossoms, bonsai trees, a Japanese garden, and other blooms of the season.
Enjoy a Japanese-style lunch.
Tokyo Tower Main Observatory
Enjoy a bird’s eye view of cherry blossoms! See a sweeping panorama of the city from 150 meters above the ground.
Chidorigafuchi/Kitanomaru Park or Shinjuku Gyoen
Chidorigafuchi: Possibly the most popular cherry blossom viewing spot, this place is visited by over 1 million people from all over the country each year. Delight in the wonderful scenery of a tunnel of beautiful blooms formed by 260 Yoshino and Oshima cherry trees along the water.
Shinjuku Gyoen: Shinjuku Gyoen opened in 1906 as a modern European-style garden for the Imperial Family. When spring comes, 65 varieties of cherry tree bloom proudly throughout a long period. Those who missed the cherry trees’ peak blooming times can still enjoy cherry blossom viewing here.
Tour Concludes Tokyo Station or Shinjuku Station
Tokyo Station: If the tour visits Chidorigafuchi, drop-off location will be near Tokyo Station at 17:15.
Shinjuku Station: If the tour visits Shinjuku Gyoen, drop-off location will be near Shinjuku Station at 17:00.
* If the minimum number of participants (2) is not met by 4 days before the scheduled date, the tour on that date may be cancelled.
* Requests for vegetarian meals must be made at least 5 days before the tour departure date. Please note that requests made any later cannot be accommodated.
* If it is not possible to view cherry blossoms at all locations due to the timing of blooming, the tour may be cancelled. In such cases, participants will be notified through their contact information at least 4 days in advance.
* The order of itinerary and arrival times may vary depending on road conditions and congestion at destinations. In such cases, time spent at destinations may be shortened or the itinerary may be omitted, but these will not be accepted as reasons for requesting booking charge refunds.
* There is no booking selection for 4 to 5 year old children, but JPY 400 must be paid for such children to enter Tokyo Tower.
* An additional admission fee is required to access Tokyo Tower’s Special Observatory. Those who plan on entering must pay the required charges at the location.
* Participants of this tour will see the sights at each cherry blossom viewing spot on foot. Please wear shoes and clothing which are easy to walk in.
* The tour will visit either Chidorigafuchi or Shinjuku Gyoen depending on cherry tree blooming conditions.
*Please note that the drop-off location may vary depending on the itinerary visited on the day.
* Please note that alcoholic beverages, intoxication, and using play equipment are prohibited at Shinjuku Gyoen. Visitors’ handbags may be inspected, so please be forewarned.
*The drop-off location will vary depending on the itinerary. Information will be announced by the guide on the day.