Kyoto Cherry Blossom 1 Day Tour
1-Day Kyoto Cherry Blossom Tour
Visit famous cherry blossom spots in Kyoto to enjoy the ancient capital in spring. A variety of cherry blossom types can be seen on this tour including Japan’s famous Yoshino cherry. Admire the montage of Kyoto’s World Heritage temples, traditional streets and cherry blossoms.
Dates: 27 Mar – 15 Apr 2017
Tour Code: BUS1N55001NNS/N5500
Visit Ninna-ji Temple, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The Omuro Cherry Trees which blossom at Ninna-ji Temple are a late-blooming variety, and their arrival marks the end of cherry blossom season in Kyoto. These cherry trees are shorter and feature double-petaled blossoms. If the Omuro cherry blossoms are not in bloom, the tour will visit the temple’s Goten (Palace and gardens), which is built in the style of an imperial palace. On the temple grounds you’ll also find the Kondo main hall which is a national treasure, a 5-storied pagoda designated as Important Cultural Property, and more.
Tenryu-ji Temple is a World Heritage zen temple and one of Kyoto’s leading sightseeing spots. The mountain Arashiyama provides a natural backdrop in the garden where visitors can admire various types of cherry blossoms.
Stroll around Arashiyama
The tour will visit Arashiyama’s world-famous bamboo grove. Afterwards, enjoy free time to walk around and eat lunch on your own. Lunch is not included in the tour.
Kitano Tenmangu Shrine & Hirano Shrine
Participants will be guided through Kitano-tenmangu Shrine, famous for the patron god of scholars, and Hirano Shrine. Hirano Shrine is bustling during this season, with many types of cherry blossoms to be seen throughout its grounds and a teahouse.
Heian Jingu Shrine
A shrine built to commemorate the 1,200 year anniversary of the transfer of the Japanese capital to Kyoto. This is now one of the representative shrines of Kyoto, featuring vibrant pink cherry blossoms which contrast brilliantly against the tranquil pond and verdant garden.
Okazaki Canal & Kawabata-dori Street
On this tour, cherry blossoms can be admired from on board the bus as well. See cherry trees along the Okazaki Canal and Kamo River along the way.
1. Although the cherry blossom flowers may not be in bloom at the time of the tour, refunds will not be given for this reason, and the tour will still be held as scheduled if the minimum number of reservations is met.
2. Lunch is not included, but time for lunch will be allotted at Arashiyama. Please eat lunch on your own.
3. At Ninna-ji Temple, the tour will visit the Omuro Cherry Tree area when cherry blossoms are in bloom. If cherry blossoms are not in bloom, the tour will visit the temple’s Goten (Palace and gardens).
4. Depending on the number of participants, a sedan, large taxi, or bus may be used for transportation during the tour.
5. If the minimum number of participants (2) is not met by 4 days before the scheduled date, the tour on that date will be cancelled.