Cherry Blossom River Cruise and Bus Tour
Meguro River Chartered Cherry Blossom Cruise & Shinjuku Gyoen and Chidorigafuchi Cherry Blossom Afternoon Bus Tour (BUS1J01211MKS)
On this half-day bus tour, visit cherry blossom spots popular in Japan such as Shinjuku Gyoen and Chidorigafuchi accompanied by a National Government Licensed English Guide Interpreter. (12:35 pm – 5:15 pm)
Go on a chartered cherry blossom viewing cruise along the Meguro River, flanked by rows of cherry trees stretching on for about 4 km. Each year this place is bustling with many people eager to see the beauty of cherry blossoms. From on board, enjoy taking in the view of cherry blossoms of varieties such as Somei Yoshino, Shidarezakura and Yaezakura.
Opened in 1906, Shinjuku Gyoen is a Japanese garden created for the Imperial Family. The garden – which is skillfully comprised of a formal garden, a landscape garden, and a Japanese garden – is an iconic modern European-style garden from the Meiji period (1868-1912) and is considered a masterpiece among the few landscape gardens in Japan. The garden features 1,000 cherry blossom trees of about 65 types, plum trees, azaleas, Yoshino cherry, and many other colorful blossoms.
[From Jan. 1, 2020]
Planning Company: JTB Global Marketing & Travel Inc.
Address: 2-3-14 Higashi Shinagawa, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo
Japan Tourism Agency Registered Travel Agent (No. 1723)
A member of the Japan Association of Travel Agents
At reception, please show your reservation confirmation sheet, a printout of the reservation confirmation e-mail, or show the e-mail on your mobile device screen to staff.
[Operation Conditions/Tour Conditions]
If any of the following circumstances should occur by 4 days before the scheduled date, the tour on that date may be canceled. Thank you for your understanding.
(1) If the minimum number of participants (1) is not met.
(2) If the flowers cannot be viewed due to blooming conditions.
*If the tour is canceled, customers will be notified by the conducting company or their travel agent.
The blooming conditions of flowers noted in the itinerary depend on the type of flower, weather conditions, etc., and the peak viewing period may vary for each. The tour will still be held if flowers are in bloom at only some tour itinerary location(s), or if alternative locations can be visited. If tour operation is confirmed but a customer cancels due to personal circumstances, the standard cancellation fees will apply.
[Exemptions/Itinerary Guarantee: Itinerary/Destinations]
– The order of activities and arrival times may differ depending on road conditions and congestion at destinations. In such cases, the amount of time spent at each location may be shortened. However, this will not be accepted as a reason for booking charge refunds.
– It is also possible to leave the tour partway at Shinjuku Gyoen.
In that event, please note that participants will need to head back to their hotel on their own and that there will be no partial refund of the tour booking charge.
[Important Notes: Meguro River Chartered Cherry Blossom Cruise]
– As the chartered cruise departure time varies depending on the day, the itinerary order changes. Thank you for your understanding.
– This plan will proceed even in case of rain. As there is no roof, please bring a raincoat. Use of umbrellas is not allowed as it may hinder safe operation.
– In case of heavy rains or strong winds, operation may be canceled. In case of cancellation, the conducting company or your travel agent will provide information on change of tour date.
– While there are no food and drinks provided on board the boat, customers are allowed to bring their own.
– There are restrooms on board the boat.
– The Meguro River Chartered Cherry Blossom Cruise may be shared with other Sunrise Tours customers.
[Important Notes/Supplements: Meeting/Pick-up/Pick-up Location]
– Meeting Location: Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo Main Tower 3F JTB Sunrise Tours Sales Office
– Access: A 5-minute walk from Shinjuku Station West Exit, reachable via the JR Lines or subway, or a 1-minute walk from Tochomae Station Exit B1 on the Toei Oedo Line.
– Meeting Time: 12:35
– Departure Time: 12:45
*Customers who are late for the departure time will have their reservations canceled. Please give yourself plenty of time.
[Important Notes/Supplements: Regarding Children/Infants]
– Infants (0-5 years old) may join the tour for free, but bus seats and Meguro River chartered cherry blossom viewing cruise seats are not included for them. They must sit on the lap of their parent or guardian.
– If a seat is required, please make a booking at the child rate (6-11 years old). The Meguro River chartered cruise fare is also included in the child rate (ages 6-11).
[Important Notes/Supplements: What to Wear/Bring]
– Participants of this tour will see the sights at each cherry blossom viewing spot on foot. Please wear shoes and clothing which are easy to walk in.
– As the Meguro River Chartered Cherry Blossom Cruise is on the water, the temperature may feel cooler. Please wear warm clothing.
– Please note that alcoholic beverages, intoxication, and using play equipment are prohibited at Shinjuku Gyoen. Visitors’ handbags may be inspected, so please be forewarned.
Seats are assigned on the bus. The National Government Licensed Guide Interpreter will give instructions to participants on the tour day. Seating requests cannot be accepted. Smoking is not permitted on the bus.
[Bus Company] Bus company used will be one of the following.
Fuji Kyuko Kanko Co., Ltd.; Fuji Express Co., Ltd.; KM Kanko Bus Co., Ltd.; Hato Bus Co., Ltd.; Tokyo Yasaka Sightseeing Bus Co., Ltd.; Heisei Enterprise Co., Ltd.; Amore Kotsu Ltd.; Tokyo Bus Co., Ltd.; Toto Kanko Bus Co., Ltd.; Chuo Kanko Co., Ltd.; Tokyo Limousine Co., Ltd.; Tokyo Passenger Co., Ltd.; or Kokusai Kogyo Co., Ltd.