JR West Rail Pass
The JR West Rail Passes are a cost effective way to travel around the Kansai area. The passes include the following places: Kansai Airport, Kyoto, Osaka, Nara, Kobe, Himeji and more. JR West has two different area passes: the Sanyo Area Pass and the Kansai Area Pass.
The Sanyo Area Pass – Includes Kyoto, Osaka, Okayama, Hiroshima, The JR ferry to Miyajima, and Hakata . This pass permits travel on all Shinkansen (Bullet Trains) including the Super Express Nozomi. The pass must be used for consecutive days.
The Kansai Area Pass – Includes Kyoto, Osaka, Kobe, Nara and Himeji. The pass does not permit travel on Shinkansen (Bullet Trains), but local, rapid and new rapid trains may be used. The pass is available for 1-4 consecutive days.
Order today to secure your JR West Pass!
Please make sure to read the terms and conditions below.
- Above mentioned price includes handling charge.
- After issue tickets are non refundable and non changeable.
- JR Passes cannot be delivered to PO boxes. Street address only in Australia.
- Delivery and handling fee charge to be added ($7.00 for DX mail, or $20.00 courier with delivery signature required). (Please Note: Period of 21st December – 3rd January courier is not available and you may expect some delay for DX mail during this period.)
- Courier requires a signature upon delivery. Please provide an address where you will be during normal office hours. If unable to sign for a delivery, please select a DX Mail Option or a pick up.
- We highly recommend the use of a courier.
- JTB is not liable for lost or misplaced passes.
- If you are ordering only JR East Passes, please select the Pick-up option. The passes will be emailed to you as electronic vouchers. (JR East Pass only)
If you are a tourist visiting Japan from abroad for sightseeing:
You must be visiting Japan under the entry status of “Temporary visitor” according to Japan Immigration Law. When you enter Japan for sightseeing, entry personnel will stamp the passport as “Temporary visitor”. Only a person who has a passport bearing this stamp can use a JAPAN RAIL PASS. Please note that according to strict interpretation of the Japanese Immigration Law, “Temporary visitor” status differs even from other types of stays that are also for only short time periods.
If you are a Japanese national living in a foreign country:
Australian residents travelling on a Japanese passport are not allowed to purchase JR West pass.
- Persons meeting conditions a or b above are required to fax us a copy of a) permanent resident visa or b) marriage certificate. (Fax Number: Sydney Office 02-9510 9479 / Melbourne Office 03-8623-0010). These documents also need to be produced at the time of exchange in Japan. (if unsure, please contact us on 1300-739-330)
- Australian residents travelling on a Japanese passport are not allowed to purchase JR Hokkaido, East, West or All Shikoku Rail passes.
- In a rare case when travellers have dual passports (Japanese & Other), unless your valid non Japanese passport is stamped with “Temporary Visitor”, issuance of JR pass will be refused.
JR West Rail Pass Exchange office
Sanyo Area Pass:
Kyoto, Shin-Osaka, Osaka, Kansai-airport, Sannomiya, Okayama, Hiroshima, Shimonoseki, Kokura, Hakata,
Kansai Wide Area Pass:
Kyoto, Shin-Osaka, Osaka, Kansai-airport, Sannomiya, Okayama, Wakayama, Toyooka, Kinosaki-Onsen,
Kansai Area Pass:.
Kyoto, Shin-Osaka, Osaka, Kansai-airport, Sannomiya