Mt Fuji 2 Day Climbing Tour
With this tour you will have the chance to tackle Mt. Fuji’s challenging slopes in this summer-only, English-guided tour. Mt Fuji is the most famous mountain in Japan and was recently registered as a World Heritage listed site. After descending the mountain, relax in the hot springs while admiring views of Mount Fuji at Lake Yamanaka Onsen’s Benifuji-no-Yu.
|Operation Dates: (Tourcode: F777)||Adult (Per Person Price)||Child 6-11yrs (Per Person Price)|
|12JUL-30AUG: SUN, TUE, THUR
06SEP & 13SEP
|19 Jul, 30 Jul
- Day 1:
- Tokyo – Mt Fuji
07:00-07:10 Shinjuku Keio Plaza Hotel main building 3F guest relations desk, in front of the Sunrise
tour sign board. Please be at the pickup location 10 minutes prior.
13:00 Lake Kawaguchi, Yoshida Exit mountain trail
22:00 Mountain Hut “Toyokan” above Mt Fuji 7th station
03:00-05:00 Arrive at Mt Fuji’s mountain top and the mountain crater
05:00-09:00 Descend via Yoshida trail towards Lake Kawaguchi
- Day 2:
- Mt Fuji – Tokyo
09:00-11:30 Mt Fuji Lake Kawaguchi 5th station
12:30-15:00 Lake Yamanaka Onsen Benifuji-no-Yu
18:00-19:00 Return to Shinjuku
- The elevation at the 5th station is about 2,300m, and 3,000m at the 7th station where the tour will shortly rest to sleep. The peak of the mountain is at an altitude of about 3,500m, where the temperature often falls under 5°C, and the temperature difference between the 5th station and the peak is sometimes more than 15°C. Take precautions for cold weather and verify what to bring: http://www.jtbgmt.com/
- Take precautions to avoid altitude sickness, which can occur as the air thins at high altitude, such as getting enough sleep the night before the tour, and repeatedly check your physical condition while climbing.
- The purpose of this course is to see the sunrise from Mt. Fuji, so all participants will climb to a mountain hut accommodation above the 7th station on the first day. Participants may be unable to see the sunrise from the mountain due to weather or crowding on the mountain path, but please understand that these will not be accepted as reasons for a refund.
- Generally the tour will be carried out even in the case of rain, but in the case of bad weather at Mt. Fuji the guides will determine whether to halt the tour with first consideration to safety. Climbing times, route, and arrival times may vary greatly depending on weather and crowding conditions.
- An English speaking guide will accompany you throughout the entire tour, and a mountain climbing guide (speaking Japanese only) will also accompany you from the 5th station to the peak and back.
- This is a shared tour with Japanese tourists. An English-speaking guide will accompany Sunrise Tours customers.
- Since the creation of a participant name list is required for safety purposes, we ask that all participants please provide their names and emergency contact details on the first day of the tour.
- Participants choosing to use a mountain hut accommodation other than ‘Toyokan’ are responsible for all other expenses that are not included in the tour.
- The mountain hut accommodation consists of a mixed men’s and women’s room with bunk beds, and less than 1 mat of space per person (about 1m by 2m). There are no bathing-facilities at the mountain hut, and non-flushing Japanese-style toilets are available outside.
- If you are late for the 2nd day departure from Mt. Fuji Lake Kawaguchi 5th Station (around 11:30, to be determined on the 2nd day of the tour), you will be responsible for the transportation costs to your next destination.
- There is no vegetarian option for dinner on the 1st day or breakfast on the 2nd day. Those with dietary restrictions should prepare and bring their own meals for mountain climbing. Dinner on the 1st day is hamburg steaks, and breakfast on the 2nd day is 2 pieces of inarizushi (rice wrapped in fried tofu). Participants can order additional drinks and food at the mountain hut at their own expense.
- Children 5 years and under cannot participate in this tour. Children between 6 and 15 years old must be accompanied by an adult 20 years old and or over. Those between 16 and 19 may participate by themselves if an agreement form signed by their parent or guardian is received by us within 4 days before the tour.
- Mountain accident insurance is not included in this tour. (Customers of non-Japanese nationality are unable to enrol in Japanese mountain accident insurance.) We recommend customers purchase overseas travel insurance before departing your country.
- Please inform us of your previous accommodation and contact details when making your reservation.
- The Mt Fuji preservation contribution (JPY 1,000) is not included in the tour price. Participants may make a contribution at Mt. Fuji on a voluntary basis.
- According to Yamanashi prefecture ordinance, persons with tattoos are prohibited from bathing in hot springs. Customers with tattoos are unable to bathe at Benifuji-no-Yu onsen.
Mt. Fuji Climbing Tour Photo Challenge
Participate in JTB’s Mt. Fuji Tour photo challenge! All you need to do is JTB’s 2 day tour (purchased from JTB Australia) and take a photo at the peak of Mt. Fuji! And then post it on our Facebook page before 15 September 2015. The person who took the photo which has the most votes at 5pm EST on 15 September 2015 will receive a $500 Travel voucher redeemable at JTB Australia. That’s not all. Everyone who has sent their photo through this competition will receive a JTB “Excellent Japan” photo book (288 pages, colour).
Click below to download a Mt. Fuji Climbing PDF Information Guide
Book & Enquire
1300 739 330
Please fill out the form below to book your tour or to ask a question.