1-Day Mt Fuji, Forest & Cave Tour
Visit one of Japan's most prominent national symbols, the one and only Mt. Fuji, with a drive up to the mountain's 5th station. Enjoy an afternoon nature walk around Aokigahara Forest (known as the Sea of Trees), located 1000 meters above sea level at the foot of Mt Fuji, and explore the lava caves of the mountain.
Select Your Ticket
7:30 - 8:30: Pick-up Service - This tour can be joined from various meeting points mainly located at major hotels throughout Tokyo.
09:00 - Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal [bus] - Depart Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal and head to Mt. Fuji by bus.
Mt. Fuji 5th Station [bus] - Start the ascent up Mt. Fuji via the Fuji Subaru Line. Climb 2,300 meters (7,546 ft) above sea level for breathtaking views from above the clouds. If the Fuji Subaru Line to Mt. Fuji's 5th Station is closed due to icy roads, the tour will be taken as high as possible. There is a guide available.
Aokigahara Jukai and lava cave experience [bus] - Take an afternoon nature walk around Aokigahara Forest, then enjoy exploring a lava cave formed during Mt. Fuji's volcanic eruption. the visiting the lava cave, the tour will return to the expressway bus terminal via shuttle bus.
17:30 - Fuji-Q Highland Bus Stop [bus] - Take the expressway bus bound for Shinjuku. (Chuo Expressway)
19:30 - 21:00: Shinjuku Express Bus Terminal [bus] - This tour disbands upon arrival at Shinjuku Station. Please head to your next destination or your hotel on your own after the tour.
* An English-speaking instructor from a local firm will accompany the tour while in the cave.
* Please wear clothing and footwear appropriate for this activity. Outfits may become dirty. The interior of the caves are slippery, so we recommend sneakers.
* Overalls for protection against the cold, helmets, headlamps, and gloves will be provided. Rental fees for these are included in the tour fare.
* Participants must be healthy and fit to join this tour. Those with pre-existing conditions are asked to consult with Sunrise Center customer support before booking.
* Tour will still be held if it rains. Raincoats can be purchased on-site (JPY 300, adult sizes only). If staff deem conditions to be unsafe on the day, the cave experience will be cancelled, and guests will join the 1-Day Mt. Fuji & Hakone Tour (Return by Motorcoach), and the difference in tour fares will be refunded.
* Children 5 years old or younger can not participate in this tour.
* Transportation between Fuji-Q Highland and Aokigahara Forest will be provided by the local firm, Eco Vision Brains.
* e following points also apply to the 1-Day Mt. Fuji & Hakone Tour
* An English-speaking guide will accompany the tour from Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal until lunch.
* When Fuji Visitor Center is closed or is hard to reach due to traffic conditions, the tour will not visit the Center.
* If the Fuji Subaru Line to Mt. Fuji 5th Station is closed due to icy roads, the tour will be taken to as high as possible.
* Temperatures can drop significantly on Mt. Fuji, so please bring coats or other warm clothes from fall to spring.
* The tour will not be cancelled or refunded if Mt. Fuji is not fully visible due to weather conditions.
* If the minimum number of participants is not met by 4 days before a scheduled date, the tour on the date may be cancelled.
Terms and Conditions
Please read the ticket booking conditions carefully as they incorporate the basis upon which bookings are accepted by JTB Australia Pty Ltd. (“JTB”)