Mountain Holiday 4-Day Tour of Kamikochi, Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Resort and Kanazawa
Kamikochi is a small basin some 1,500 meters above sea level on the upper stream area of the Azusa-gawa River. Walter Weston, a British missionary and mountain climber introduced Kamikochi to the world in the 19th century. Since then many climbers have visited Kamikochi for the mountains and natural beauty.
The tour operates twice a week from Tokyo between April and November. If you are looking for a tour that takes in some of Japan’s natural beauty, talk to us about our new Mountain Holiday Tours.
Visits: Kamikochi, Kurobe Dam, Kanazawa
Tour Code: SUN4GL600O, SUN4GL600R
Departure Dates: 10 May 2015 – 11 November 2015: Sun, Wed
(except 20 May, 10,14 Jun, 09,12 Aug, 14 Sep, 8 & 12 Oct, 02 Nov)
Departs from: Shinjuku, Tokyo
Cost, One way trip: Adult: $1,532, Child: $1,363
Cost, Return trip: Adult: $1,645 Child: $1,431
- English speaking guide service included days 1-4 except while on board train & express bus. English assistance service included for arrival at Kanazawa on Day 3.
- 1 Breakfast & 1 Dinner at the hotel in Unazuki Onsen included.
- Minimum 2 persons are required to run a tour
- Due to road situations, congestion circumstances, climate conditions, etc., we may have to change a part of the schedule or the time of visiting.
- Temperature of Tateyama, Kurobe and Kamikochi is 10 to 15 degrees C below that of Tokyo. Snow may remain on Tateyama in June. In spring and autumn. a snowsuit like a coat is necessary.
- Please join in comfortable clothes and shoes [sneakers or trekking shoes]. For an overnight bag, a casual bag like a knapsack is recommended.
- From Matsumoto to Kamikochi, you may have to change from a local train to a fixed route bus
- When entry of sightseeing buses to Kamikochi is restricted during the summer season, you may be required to change to a fixed route bus in part.
- Depending on the number of participants, a chartered car may be used instead of the public transportation.
| Day 1: Tokyo – Kamikochi – Omachi Onsen||Place of Stay: Omachi Onsen|
|8:00 a.m.||Shinjuku (Keio Plaza Hotel) walking Shinjuku Sta. (Ltd. Express/ 180 min) Matsumoto Sta. motorcoach (local bus) Kamikochi (120 min) motorcoach (local bus) Shin-Shimashima Sta. train Matsumoto Sta. train Shinano Omachi Sta. (taxi) Omachi Onsen|
|7:40 – 8:20 p.m.||Arrive at Kuroyon Royal Hotel|
| Day 2: Omachi Onsen – Tateyama Kurobe – Unazuki||Place of Stay: Unazuki|
|8:00 a.m.||Hotel walking motorcoach (local bus) Ougisawa (trolley bus) Kurobe Dam (30 min) walking Kurobe Lake (cablecar) Kurobe Daira ropeway Daikanbo (trolley bus) Murodo (60 min) (Free Time) (cablecar) Tateyama Sta. train Unazuki Onsen Sta.|
|6:30 – 7:00 p.m.||Arrive at Hotel Kurobe (Japanese Room)|
| Day 3: Unazuki – Kurobe Gorge – Yoyama – Kanazawa||Place of Stay: Kanazawa|
|8:00 a.m.||Hotel walking Unazuki Sta. (tramcar) Kanetsuri Sta. (40 min) (tramcar) Unazuki/ Unazuki Onsen Sta. train (express train) Toyama Sta. train (Ltd. Express/ 40 min) Kanazawa Sta. walking|
|2:00 – 4:30 p.m.||Arrive at Hotel Nikko Kanazawa|
One Way Trip Plan
| Day 4: Kanazawa – Kyoto||Place of Stay: N/A|
|8:30 a.m.||Hotel motorcoach Kenrokuen Garden (60 min) motorcoach Kutaniyaki Pottery Kilu (30 min) motorcoach Former Samurai Residence (Nomura Residence) (30 min) motorcoach Kanazawa sta. train (Ltd. Express Thunder bird/ 145 min)|
|2:00 – 3:30 p.m.||Arrive at Kyoto Station|
Round Trip Plan
| Day 4: Kanazawa – Tokyo||Place of Stay: N/A|
|8:30 a.m.||Hotel motorcoach Kenrokuen Garden (60 min) motorcoach Kutaniyaki Pottery Kilu (30 min) motorcoach Former Samurai Residence (Nomura Residence) (30 min) Omicho Market. (60 min) motorcoach Kanazawa sta. train (Ltd. Express Shirasagi/ 180 min) Nagoya Sta. shinkansen (Nozomi/ 100 min)|
|7:30 – 8:30 p.m.||Tokyo Station|
|* Some sightseeing activities may be subject to change. JTB reserves the right to amend the itinerary, even after the tours has commenced, due to traffic, weather or any other conditions beyond our control. While every effort will be made to adhere to the scheduled itinerary, compensation for any amendments or omissions is not available. |
* Please refer to general booking conditions.
| Breakfast included: Lunch included : Dinner included:|
| JTB does not discriminate against persons with disabilities. However, the locations visited during a JTB Fully Escorted Tour may involve a considerable amount of walking and climbing stairs. JTB recommends that travellers with disabilities be accompanied by their own assistant, capable of providing all necessary assistance. JTB Fully Escorted Tours do not include special assistance to participants with disabilities. JTB reserves the right to refuse participation in Fully Escorted Tours if it considers that such participation is reasonably likely to impose an unjustifiable hardship on JTB or its personnel. Alternatively, JTB would be pleased to organise Independent Tours for travellers with special needs.|
|Method of sightseeing: Entrance – Enjoy the view after alighting from the vehicle – Black print: Enjoy the view while driving through or driving by.|
Note: If there are entry costs for the Pink labeled items, the cost will be calculated into the tour price.
Please fill out the form below to book your tour.